ResCare Community Living North Carolina Locations Earn CARF Accreditation
ResCare Community Living services support the clinical and pharmacy needs
North Carolina CARF Accreditation Report Highlights:
- Feedback from families, guardians, and the individuals served in the personal support services/periodic services and the foster family services (targeted foster care) programs is very positive. Individuals served are happy with their lives and stated the staff is responsive to their needs. One individual remarked, “I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
- Individuals who receive personal supports services (periodic services) are very appreciative of the program and state that staff is always professional, supportive, responsive, and timely in meeting their needs.
- ResCare… is acknowledged for the individual-first attitude that it displays throughout the organization. The individuals served express that they feel safe and respected.
- It is evident throughout the program service areas that individuals receiving services are listened to and their rights, dreams, and desires are honored by staff. Stakeholders stated that ResCare… is special because “they listen, and they follow through.” Another stated, “ResCare staff is dedicated to helping my son be happy.”
- Stakeholders interviewed about services that ResCare…provided were complimentary in their responses. When asked to provide a one-word description of the organization, the words used were “compassionate,” “dedicated,” “loving,” “committed,” and “awesome.”
- The organization’s staff members shared great satisfaction with their jobs and the support they feel from management. Comments included, “I love it here,” and “They appreciate the work we do and tell us what a great job we are doing.”
- The families and guardians interviewed reported a high level of satisfaction and shared many stories of how the organization has helped their family member to grow and gain skills. One guardian reported, “He is happy now and has come such a long way over the past five years.”
- The staff members feel that their supervisors are approachable, and opinions are valued; that they advocate for the direct care team; and that they build staff up and encourage teamwork with fun activities, such as employee of the month and boards sharing special events and information on the team.
- Guardians spoke of exceptional service that was consumer driven and noted that there is always a qualified professional accessible if questions or concerns arise.
Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services in the following areas: Aging Services, Behavioral Health, Child and Youth Services, Continuing Care Retirement Facilities, Employment and Community Services, Medical Rehabilitation. The mission of CARF is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served.
CARF provides accreditation services worldwide at the request of health and human service providers. Providers that meet our standards have demonstrated their commitment to being among the best available.